Shoulder Workout at Home
The working class finds it hard to take out time to go to the gym. The long working hours make you lazy. Massive shoulders of the shoulder workout at home. I have seen people in great shape that too without the use of any machines. Developed shoulders give a proper V shape to the men.
Now the question arises that how you should start your workout to achieve the target. My suggestion will be to go for the warm up first. Warmup is a kind of essential ritual for starting the workout. Do a short warmup if you do not have much time. Just go for the stretches. After that do a low-intensity cardio. Warmup will prevent injury and will help you in maximizing the results of your workout.
Most of the people do not have any weights or equipment at their home. You need not worry about it. All the best shoulder workout at home given below can be easily done at home without the use of weights or machines.
Handstand can be done in two ways. Either you can go for the handstand hold or you can do the handstand pushup.
- To do the handstand pushup, you need to take the help of a wall.
- Place your feet on the wall and do the pushup facing the wall.
- Keep a distance of shoulder width between your hands.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows.
- After that pull yourself up to the initial position.
- Handstand hold is also very much beneficial when it comes to building up the shoulders.
- For this, you need to face away from the wall.
- Climb your feet up and make sure that all your weight is focused on your hand.
- Stay in that position for some time.
After you have mastered the balance of standing on your hands, you can do the handstand hold without the help of any wall or support.
(Related: These Pushup Variations are a real challenge)
Pushups are the most common way to build up the shoulders.
- To build up the shoulders, elevated pushups work the best.
- In elevated pushups, all the focus is shifted onto the hand which works them up and helps them in growing.
- To do the elevated pushup, you need to face away from the stairs and get into the pushup position.
- Put your feet on the first level of the staircase.
- Do the pushup without sagging your back.
- Do the required number of repetition.
- To increase the difficulty level, you can increase the level of the staircase you put your feet on.
Bodysaw exercise also focuses on the shoulders and the arms.
- To do the exercise, get into the plank position.
- Move your arm and shoulder forward towards your palms.
- After that get back into the position where your arm is at 90 degrees from the ground.
- Now, move your arm and shoulder backward along with your whole body.
- Again move your shoulder and arm forward and get into the initial position.
- Repeat the exercise up to a certain number of repetition.
- Gradually increase the number of repetitions and maintain the proper plank position while exercising.
The pull-up is also the age-old traditional exercise for building up the shoulders and arms.
- Grab a bar and hang from it.
- Try to move your body upwards till your chin is above the bar.
- Hold for a few seconds and then lower your body.
- Do the required number of repetitions and you can also include variations in it.
5. Crab Walk
Crabwalk is one of the best shoulder workout at home which focus on your hands and shoulders along with your legs.
- To do the exercise, you need to face upwards.
- Get onto your palm and feet.
- Lift your butt off the floor.
- Move your right arm backward along with your right foot.
- Then move your left arm backward along with your left foot.
- You literally need to walk on your palm and your feet.
- Do the number of repetitions required.
6. Bear Crawl
Bear crawl is very much like the crab walk. It is just an inverted version of the crab walk.
- To do this exercise, you need to face the floor.
- Get onto your hands and knees.
- Lift your knee off the ground and get on your toes then.
- Move forward by moving your right arm and right toe forward.
- Then move your left arm and left toe forward.
- Walk on your arms and toes.
- To increase the level of difficulty, you can do the bear crawl on the stairs.
- Do the appropriate number of repetitions.
7. Shoulder Shrug
It is a great shoulder workout at home for building up massive shoulders. All you will need is two buckets filled with water.
- Hold the buckets on either side of your hand and stand with some gap between your shoulders.
- You might bend your knees a bit but you must keep your hands straight.
- Shrug up your shoulders while inhaling and hold the position for a few minutes.
- Bring down your shoulders while exhaling and repeat the exercise again for almost 10 repetitions.
These shoulder workout at home will show results if done continuously. Share the results and also your views on which exercise worked the best for you. All the best.