Alcohol is considered as one of the most addictive and harmful in the world which has affected a lot of people till now. A lot of drinkers have control over their drinking habits while a majority of them suffer from addiction. Addiction can increase the risk of liver failure and heart attacks also affecting the thinking power of the brain. A person who consumes regularly is called an alcoholic.
Some alcoholics appear to be high-functioning. Although they’re addicted, they can hold a steady job and take care of their daily responsibilities. But most alcoholics experience negative consequences because of their drinking.
People with mild alcohol problems may be able to quit drinking on their own or with the help of support groups. However, people who are addicted to alcohol require treatment. Recovery from alcohol addiction is achievable with assistance from doctors, therapists, peers, friends, and family members.
While most of the alcoholics can control themselves even after drinking a lot, most of them lose their senses and start acting like a retard as the alcohol starts to take over their brain. For those alcoholics, there’s a special treatment center known as alcohol drug rehab. Before moving further let us see the harmful effects of alcohol on a human body.
Harmful effects of alcohol
Alcohol affects the human body in many ways:
- High level of stress and numbness in the body.
- Stressful environment creating issues in the workplace, a person who does a stressful job ends up drinking more to get rid of the stress.
- Depression and anxiety can start forming in regular drinkers. When a drinker is sober, he tends to think about his issues and to end the thoughts he drinks again. Anxiety can occur because of the brain, which is addicted to alcohol and giving continues reminders of drinking alcohol.
- Intake of medicines with alcohol can cause severe side-effects. A drinker who is on medication intakes alcohol would experience the side effects of the medicines.
To help the alcoholics get rid of their addictions alcohol drug rehabs are set up to help them get rid of their addiction.
What is alcohol Drug Rehab?
A person can identify by himself that he is addicted to alcohol, but a lot of them struggle to recognize the symptoms. You can find out the symptoms by taking a small quiz and test.
Alcohol rehab centers help the addict to come out of the addiction and live a healthy and balanced life again. They teach the addict to live without alcohol, and once the addict overcomes this addiction, he is sent back to his home to start living a normal life.
The type of therapies that can help an addict to get over alcohol and live a normal life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Multidimensional family therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Motivational incentives
Counselors help the addict to find motivation and courage to take admission in the rehab center where the drug rehab phoenix az facilities and staff offer treatment and medications to the addicts. They keep the alcohol addicts away from alcohol, which is obvious and help their brain to get rid of the addiction.