Amidst our action-packed schedule, we often forget to stop and smell the flowers. Anxiety, sound sleep and COPD are some of the vital health problems that silently trap us in its web of vulnerability. As a result, insomnia, anxiety attack, depression and even suicidal thoughts become common. In the contemporary era, each of these health problems has acquired a massive space in our every day lives. To break out of them, here are some excellent breathing exercises that you can try at home!
Have you ever wondered how simple breathing helps reduce stress so quickly? Deep breathing exercises are the simplest way to break out of your stress and prevent further mental pressure. Simply inhaling and exhaling gradually can cause your brain to release the pressure and free the mind from all negativities. Here is how to do this exercise:
- Breathe in slowly through your nose. When you do this, your upper body and belly will expand. Focus on it.
- Once you inhale well, try to exhale the breath gradually and comfortably.
- Do this for a couple of minutes until you feel the results of deep breathing exercises.To make it easier, try to focus on words like “calm” and ‘peace’ in your mind.
- Practicing this exercise for 20 minutes regularly will help you tremendously.
Let it go with progressive muscle relaxation
As you breathe in and breathe out, your muscles play the role of contracting and expanding. This immensely helps in releasing stress and preventing other mental illnesses to take over. Breathing exercises for anxiety-like this one is not the only potential but also brings instant results. Let us check out how to do it
- Lie down on the ground.
- Take deep breaths and make yourself relax. Breathing exercises for anxiety always help.
- Now breathe in. At this point, your muscles will tense.
- Then breathe out. Release the pressure on your muscles.
- Breathe in once again. This time, tense your calf muscles.
- Breathe out. Release the calf muscles.
- The breathing exercises for anxiety-likethis one is sure to bring desirable results.
Avoid breathlessness with breathing exercises for COPD
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a breathing problem that increases the issue of breathing and makes you reduce your activity levels. A great way to break free from this problem is to practice breathing exercises for COPD. Such exercises will not only enable you to breathe comfortably but reduce your COPD levels considerably. One of the best workouts for this is Pursued Lips breathing. Let us check out how to do it:
- Relax your neck and shoulders.
- Breathe in through your nose gradually. Keep your mouth closed at this point.
- Pucker your lips as if you are kissing someone.
- Breathe out slowly through your mouth while counting up to four.
- Practice such breathing exercises for COPDregularly and gain instant results.
Kapalbhati breathing exercise for sleep
After all the days of hard work, sound sleep is extremely crucial. Having a sound sleep ensures your immune system is a check and your mental health is also stable. For people who are unable to attain enough sleep, it becomes vital to sleep well so that they can stay fit. Kapalbhati breathing exercise for sleep is one way to ensure that you sleep well without any hindrance. Let us check out how to do it:
- Sit in a comfortable position and ensure that your spine is straight. Place your hands on your knees and face the horizon.
- Take a deep breath.
- When you exhale, make sure your belly contracts.
- Make sure you breathe flows into your lungs when you release your breath.
- When you take 20 breaths in the same way, you complete one kapalbhati breathing exercise for sleep.
- Keep doing this exercise regularly for desired results.
Try the yoga breathing exercises for best results
The best way to improve your fitness is to practice Yoga every day. Early morning practice of yoga breathing exercises can provide several benefits like stress relief, fit body and improved body activity. Kumbhaka Pranayama (Breath Retention) is one such exercise that will help you considerably. Lets us try to do it:
- Inhale the breath through your nose.
- Hold the breath for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, inhale a little more.
- Then try to hold on to it as long as you can.
- Then release the breath.
- Make sure that if you are someone with a severe breathing problem, you avoid holding your breath for too long. 2 TO 3 seconds is advised for you to avoid any complications.
- Practice such yoga breathing exercises regularly for best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Belly breathing practice, Breath focus and equal breathing are some other exercises you can try to remove anxiety.
Yes. If you are someone who suffers from constant anxiety attacks, these exercises will help you a lot.
Breathing exercises will help you to gain sound sleep, release stress, cope with COPD and increase activity levels considerably. Do try them.
The various breathing exercises mentioned above in the article will help you to cope with all your mental and physical problems considerably. Don’t forget to try them out regularly to observe instant results. Good luck!