Have you tried every home remedy but cannot get rid of cold sores? Are you exhausted from battling the blisters but all in vain? For all these questions, there is only one solution- Essential oils.
Essentials oils are the best way to say goodbye to all your cold sore problems at once. From the symptoms to the skin irritation, everything is gone in no time.
Let us take you through the best essential oils for cold sores today so you can see the magic for yourself!
Cold Sores is typically a result of herpes simplex virus type 1 that agitates the skin from within and causes several small fluid-filled blisters on the skin. Typically, this problem is visible on the lips but it can also take place on areas of the cheek and nose. Although there is no cure for cold sores yet essential oils can act as a potential reducer of the symptoms. The several organic and anti-viral properties of Essential oils enable this process and make it easier for you to say goodbye to this problem at the earliest. Let us check out the various essential oils for cold sores benefits and uses.
Benefits of essential oils
- Helps combat a host of skin problems- Essential oils are in use for ages now. Due to their exceptional benefits, essential oils have been used by several patients over the years.The medicinal properties of essential oils can help combat:
- Burning sensation
- Help kill viruses- The anti-viral properties present in essential oils foster the product to combat virus on the skin that makes it healthier.Thus, the best essential oils for cold sorescan work like magic.
- Help bring relief- Essential oils contain analgesic properties that relieve the pain and cause the skin to heal naturally. Thus, the best essential oils for cold sores reliefcan bring instant results for you.
- Helps in fostering immunity- As an immunity-boosting product, essential oils when applied on the skin can provide resilience to the body and make it grow stronger.This is one of the best essential oils for cold sores’ benefits and uses.
- No side effects– Typically, the best essential oils for cold soresprovide little or no side effects that make them safe for application. On doctor’s advice, you can use these essential oils without any inconvenience.
The best essential oils for cold sores that bring instant results
- Clove Oil
As clove oil contains anti-viral, anti-microbial and pain-relieving properties, it is very beneficial for the skin. Clove Oil is one of the best essential oils for cold sores relief that helps relieve pain. However, make sure that you do not directly apply this product on the skin as it may irritate the skin. Add a pint of coconut oil or any other mild oil and mix it with clove oil. It will be safe for the application then.
- Thyme Oil
Another excellent essential oil for cold sores on the lip, thyme Oil can provide exceptional treatment to the problem. The antiviral properties are a primary reason for its instant improvement in cold sores. Like the Clove oil, even thyme oil should not be applied on the skin naked. Make sure you dilute it with a carrier oil before application on the skin.
- Lavender Oil
This is one of the most ancient essential oils for cold sores on the lip that people have been using. Lavender Oil cannot only treat the irritation on the skin or remove bacterial properties but also helps in reducing pain. When diluted with a carrier oil, Lavender oil becomes perfect for application on lip, nose and cheek. You can also use Lavender Oil without diluting but its always safer to use when diluted.
- Peppermint Oil
In many studies previously, Peppermint oil has shown signs of treatment of herpes simplex virus and many other viruses. Make sure you use this oil by diluting with almond oil for safe use. Peppermint Oil is one of the best essential oils for cold sores on lip.
- Tea Tree Oil
Well-known for the presence of anti-viral, antibacterial and antiseptic properties, Tea Tree Oil is always the number one choice among the best essential oils for cold sore relief. Studies have shown that this essential oil has treated irritated skin and reduced pain drastically.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lemon Essential Oil, Lemon Balm Essential Oil and Anise Oil are some other best essential oils for cold sores.
Peppermint Oil contains anti-viral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and analgesic properties, all of which are potential treatments for cold sore. Thus, this problem can eradicate easily.
Coconut Oil, Almond Oil and Olive Oil are the best carrier oils that you can dilute with essential oils for safe use on the skin.
These were some of the best essential oils for cold sores that you can use for treatment purposes. All the essential oils that we have mentioned above will help you in gaining instant results that will treat your skin problems forever. Do put them to use and see the difference for yourself. Good luck!