What is Ketogenic Diet?
Ketogenic diet is a specially planned diet consisting of high-fat concentration, average protein contents, and very low carbohydrate contents. This diet was medically planned to force the body to burn body fats, in place of carbohydrates. In cases of low carbohydrates, the body is not able to get sufficient amount of glucose as an energy provider. In such cases, the liver forces the body to burn body fats. This body fats are converted to fatty acids and then Ketone bodies. These Ketone bodies work as a replacement for glucose and provide energy to the body.
Glucose produced by carbohydrates is the primary molecule for the human body to be converted into energy. Islets of Langerhans, in the pancreas, produce the hormone insulin, which processes this glucose in the bloodstream to be supplied to every cell of the body, as their source of energy. This protects the stored body fat from being used and being burnt. By cutting off completely or drastically reducing the supply of carbohydrate to the body, the formation of glucose is either limited or inhibited, forcing the liver to burn stored body fats to produce Ketone, the alternative molecule for body energy. This state of the body is known as Ketosis.
The ultimate objective of a Ketogenic diet weight loss plan or Keto diet food is to force the body into a metabolic state which forces the excess body fat to burn to produce Ketones and eventually lose body weight. This is achieved through a Ketogenic diet weight loss plan which designs a starvation of carbohydrates in the body.
The human body is incredibly adaptive to whatever is given to it as food. Ketogenic diet food plans for overloading the body with fats as diet and gradually shutting down carbohydrate intake. This trains the body to burn Ketones as primary molecules as a source of energy.
Ketogenic diet foods are essentially very low carbohydrate foods. This Keto diet food forces the liver to burn body fat to produce Ketones, to provide energy for the body. This automatically leads to weight loss and this Ketogenic diet food result in Ketogenic diet weight loss by burning excess body fat. This Ketogenic diet weight loss food or Keto diet food is also known as Ketogenic diet menu, Ketogenic diet food, low carb Keto diet, Keto diet foods weight loss, low carb diet or low carb high-fat diet etc.
Ketogenic diet menu consists of food designed to produce optimum Ketone levels in the body. This Keto diet food has resulted in excess body weight loss with many improved physical and mental performance benefits.
What are the Benefits of Ketogenic Diet Foods?
Benefits of Keto diet foods are many. Some of them are:
- Loss of excess body weight by burning body fat to produce Ketones to make the body functions healthier.
- Controlling blood sugar for diabetic patients as low carbohydrate and high Ketone level in a Keto diet food automatically lowers blood sugar level in the body.
- Ability to focus more to improve mental performance. High Ketone level in Ketogenic Diet weight loss plan provides high-grade fuel for the brain, increasing its ability to mentally focus more on issues, needing better concentration level.
- Improving body energy level while lowering the hunger level in the body is one of the metabolic achievements of Ketogenic Diet Menu. High intake of fat in food gives a full stomach feeling for a longer period of time, keeping hunger away for a reasonably long time.
- Keeping blood pressure and cholesterol level in control by high Ketone, the low glucose level in the body. Ketogenic diet menu results in improved triglyceride levels and cholesterol level in the body. It is associated with arterial build up. High fat, low carbohydrate Keto diet food improves the level of HDL dramatically in the body and reduces the level of LDL particles.
- Helping in lowering the insulin level to a medically acceptable range. Insulin resistance leads to Type 2 Diabetes and Keto diet food with low carbohydrate helps in the management of insulin in the body to avoid such incident.
- Helping in improving skin health as Ketogenic diet weight loss plan lowers the carbohydrate contents considerably. It helps in improvement of conditions such as acne, lesions, and skin inflammations etc.
8 Previously thought to be helpful in controlling epilepsy convulsions in children by reducing glucose fuel to the child/s brain in low carbohydrate food in Ketogenic diet menu.
What is Best Ketogenic Diet?
The best Ketogenic diet as Ketogenic diet plan for weight loss is always a viable diet plan. The best ketogenic diet takes one to ketogenic state real fast. The Ketogenic diet weight loss plan does not allow intake of more than 15 Gms of carbohydrate in a day. Lesser intake of daily carbohydrate in Ketogenic diet menu forces the body to enter into ketosis really rapidly.
Carbohydrates are mostly from vegetables, dairy products and all types of nuts. One on Keto Diet Food must avoid refined carbohydrates, such as bread, cereals or pasta. Potato, beans, legumes, fruits providing starch must also be avoided in a Ketogenic diet menu. One can eat avocado, star fruit, berries in small quantities though.
Must not eat items in Ketogenic diet plan for weight loss
- Grains such as Wheat, Rice, Cereals, Corns etc.
- Sweet products such as Honey, Agave, Maple Syrup, Jelly, fruit Jams etc.
- Fruits such as Apples, Bananas, Oranges, Grapes, Peaches etc.
- Tubers such as Potatoes, Yams etc.
Items to be eaten in Ketogenic diet plan for weight loss
- High protein food such as meat, fish, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs etc.
- Leafy vegetables such as Spinach, Kale etc.
- Ground level vegetables such as Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Tomatoes, etc.
- Full-fat dairy products such as high fat cream, hard cheese, butter, yogurt etc.
- Seeds and Nuts such as Sunflower seeds, walnuts, Macadamias etc.
- Fruits such an Avocado, raspberries, blackberries, low glycerin berries.
- Vegetable fats such as Coconut Oil, High fat salads, saturated fat foods.
In a Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss plan, the contents of Fat should be 70%, Protein 25%, and Carbohydrate 5%.